Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New commission



The following is a project in which I was commissioned to paint the uniform of the Rifles, it is part of a collection painted by Greg Whitecliffe in 1987. This collection chronicles every uniform worn by law enforcement officers in Aotearoa New Zealand. I was commissioned to paint this specific uniform after the original was lost. It is a huge honour as I attended Whitecliffe Art-school which was started and ran by Greg Whitecliffe until his death, I was two years old when this collection was painted.
My addition to the collection is the first painting, my intention was to create an artwork that referenced Greg Whitecliffe's style (in this collection) but did not compromise my own portraiture style.




















No comments:

Post a Comment